Origin & Terroir
The Quinta dos Capuchos winery Estate, is part of a 1918 building, which, together with a part of Quinta de Santa Thereza, was acquired by a great-grandfather of the present owners in 1925.
The vineyards totalize an area of 12 ha, including the following red varieties; Touriga Nacional, Castelão, Syrah, Aragonez and Cabernet Sauvignon, and the white varieties, Arinto, Verdelho, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay.
In the oldest building with open tanks from 1933, 1962 and 2015, used in a traditional register (fermentation / foot-treading), for the production of top quality red wines. A stained-glass window (alluding to vineyards and wines) by Mr. João Coelho da Silva, and executed according to the classic method by Mr. José Pombo de Alcobaça.
In the areas of recent construction are fermentation tanks and storage in stainless steel. The reception of the grapes in the cellar is made in this area.